Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was on an insert in a bag of potatoes...
- 4 potatoes, cooked, mashed and seasoned to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups roast beef, leftovers work great
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Cook the mixed vegetables according to the pkg directions.
- Drain and add onion, flour, butter and canned milk.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in meat and any meat juices there may be.
- Heat to boiling and turn into a greased 2 qt casserole.
- Top the mixture with mashed potatoes and grated cheese on top.
- Put under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- Serve at once.