Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Spaghetti sauce provides a shortcut to this tasty chicken dinner recipe. Serve it over pasta for a quick dinner idea.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slightly beat egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces dried spaghetti or 4 ounces fettuccine
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh herb (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each piece of chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound to flatten slightly (about 1/2 inch thick). Remove plastic wrap.
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow dish combine egg white and the water. In another shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, the Italian seasoning, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Place coated chicken pieces in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 400°F oven about 15 minute or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170°F).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan warm spaghetti sauce over low heat. Divide pasta among 4 dinner plates. Place chicken on top of pasta. Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken. If desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs. Makes 4 servings.