Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another favourite little quick recipe from the days when I worked full-time. And still a really good way to make rice! I've never actually made it with the spinach, but it's included in the original recipe.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked (or regular white)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, plus
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can water
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach (optional)
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot margarine, cook rice, celery, and onions 5 minutes or until rice is browned and onions are tender, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in broth and water and spinach, if using. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with lemon peel curls, if desired.