Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Hearty 30-minute soup with a Simply Potatoes shortcut that makes it taste like it's been simmering for 3 hours.
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 3 leeks, trimmed, washed, and sliced into disks
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat a 2-qt soup or sauce pot over medium high heat. Add chopped bacon.
- Once bacon begins to render its fat, add leeks. Cook until bacon is crispy and leeks are soft and translucent. Drain off any excess bacon grease.
- Add mashed potatoes and chicken stock. Stir until potatoes are thinned and mixture is heated through. Lower heat and allow to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
The perfect comfort food is this soup. Absolutely soothing.
Love this soup! Warm and comforting.