Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I stumbled upon this recipe with my son while watching Activity TV. It's easy enough for a kid to make and preparation involves no electricity. I was so glad to find this recipe because I don't keep shortening on hand (yet - I'm sure I'll look back one day and wonder how I ever did it).
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- TOOLS: Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Bowl, Pastry Blender and Plastic wrap.
- Combine 1 1/8 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar in our processor bowl. Mix.
- Add 8 tablespoons of ice cold butter to the flour mixture.
- Using the pastry blender blend the mixture until the flour and butter looks like cornmeal.
- Add 3 tablespoons of ice cold water to the mixture. Now mix the dough until it forms a ball. Add more water if the mixture is not forming a ball.
- Form into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Put the dough in the fridge and let it chill over night.