Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Southern Living mag February 2009. The longer the dessert chills the more the cookies will soften. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 1 (1 lb) package peanut butter sandwich cookie
- 2 cups thawed extra creamy whipped topping
- peanut butter sandwich cookie (optional)
- dried banana pieces (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- Place 3 cups milk and vanilla in large bowl; add vanilla instant pudding mix. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until thickened; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Place bowl in ice, and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- Meanwhile, cut bananas into 1/4-inch slices. Break cookies into thirds.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into a 3-qt. bowl or pitcher. Top with bananas and cookies. Spoon remaining pudding mixture over bananas and cookies. Top with whipped topping. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Really good!! I used the crumbs to too the whipped cream. Will do this again.
The flavors of peanut butter and banana go so well together! I'll admit to taking a further shortcut and using Rediwhip, from a can. This was a huge hit and was quickly gone!