Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and yummy basic lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) boxbarilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bagshredded Italian cheese, mix
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir meat, onion, salt and garlic powder until meat is brown and onion is tender. If meat created a lot of grease, you can drain. But it will be hard keeping all the onions, they get stuck in strainer.
- Stir in Spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15mins, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and parsley flakes together.
- In an 11 x 7 ungreased baking dish (like a pyrex glass dish) cover the bottom with the 8 oz can of tomato sauce. This is to prevent the lasagna noodle from sticking and will also cook them.
- Start placing the lasagna noodle on top for the sauce. You may need to "cut" the corners of the pasta to fit it in the pan. they should overlay a bit.
- After your first layer of noodles add sauce, mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese mixture.
- Repeat with the noodles now going in the opposite direction. (so horizontal first then the next layer Parallel).
- Now you have 2 layers, add on more layer of noodle and top off with sauce and shredded cheese. you should have used most of the cottage cheese mixture on the first two layers.
- Cover with tin-foil and bake 40 to 45 minutes
- Let stand at room temperature for 10mins uncovered.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
The lasagna was delicious. Loved all the cheeses combined with sauce and noodles. It did no fit into my 7x11 pan easily. Made for Spring PAC 2014.