Recipe by Sandylee
There is a UNIQUENESS HERE...This is a recipe that was featured on ABC's Good Morning America by Sara Moulton. This recipe is a little UNIQUE for a lasagne when you consider the SAUCE that is used, the chosen ingredient for the PASTA, and the selection used for the MEAT.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (about 2 tsps)
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, in water, well drained
- 18 refrigerated wonton skins
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma, cut into strips
- 4 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, coarsely grated (about 1 1/3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and an 8-inch square pan.
- Combine the oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a shallow bowl. Toss the onion and garlic in the oil mixture, and arrange on the baking sheet. Bake until the edges just begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the peppers with the onion & garlic in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Arrange 6 wonton skins in the bottom of the square pan. Top with 1/3 of the roasted-pepper mixture and mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Add another 6 wonton skins, another 1/3 of the roasted-pepper mixture and mozzarella cheese, and the remaining prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Top with the remaining wonton skins, roasted-pepper mixture, and mozzarella.
- Bake in the top third of the oven 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Cut into 4 servings.