Recipe by chef1aB
This is how I do it, if I want it fast and tasty! Serve as an afternoon snack or as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by lac925
My father's recipe is very similar to this one, only he uses langka (jackfruit) instead of brown sugar to sweeten the plantains. It adds a little more texture. Hope you try it and enjoy!
- 8 -12 pieces lumpia skins (8 x 8 )
- 1 (11 ounce) boxgoya brand ripe plantains
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, for sprinkling
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Goya ripe plaintains in half (lengthwise).
- Lay 2 sections of plantain on a lumpia wrapper.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on the plantains.
- Wrap lumpia according to package directions.
- Deep-fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.