Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is how I do it, if I want it fast and tasty! Serve as an afternoon snack or as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Slice Goya ripe plaintains in half (lengthwise).
- Lay 2 sections of plantain on a lumpia wrapper.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on the plantains.
- Wrap lumpia according to package directions.
- Deep-fry in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My father's recipe is very similar to this one, only he uses langka (jackfruit) instead of brown sugar to sweeten the plantains. It adds a little more texture. Hope you try it and enjoy!
My husband is half-Filipino and he was craving banana lumpia. I made this for him and he loved it!