Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a super easy and very good recipe that you can put on an walk off and leave. Great for large get-togethers where you don't want to stand over the stove. Winner with everyone.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped onion
- Mix all together in a small roaster pan or dutch oven.
- Bake at 350°F with a tight lid. The cooking time will be determined by you. Cook for 1 hour at 350°F stirring occasionally. If you want to leave it for 1 couple of hours lower the temperature to 300°F depending on your oven. Just keep an eye on it, stirring occasionally.
Margie, My goodness ,ths is so easy.I made this for after church.I put it on Then went to get ready for church,my casserole was almost done,I put it in the fridge,and finished it when I got back while I was preparing my salad. (Wonderful),and great tasting casserole. Thanks,Darlene Summers
Very, very tastee. I didnt follow the instructions completely though. I browned my hamburger and sausage with the onions first and drained it. Then put everything together. I figured it would be greasy otherwise and I try to cut fat whereever I can. Thank you for the great recipe both my daughters loved it and thats very rare in my house.
Loved it. This is the EASY version of our traditional rice dressing. Kids had 3rds! Hubby doctored his up with peppers, as he does with everything...he's a Louisiana Hot Sauce guy! I have added this to my stash of favorites! Thanks for sharing your recipe.