Recipe by Bogey'sMom
Paula Deen prepared her corned beef in a similar fashion - I'm not sure if this is her exact recipe, but the idea is the same. It saves such much time and effort and the taste is terrific.
Top Review by Braunda
This is just the way my family has been doing it for ages..I think it is great!!!When you think about it this is a good meal to have when the lights are out and you have a grill or something to cook on. I thank you for posting this..Hugs 2 U
- 2 (12 ounce) cans corned beef (from the canned meat aisle)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large onion (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Drain off all but about 2 T bacon grease.
- Slice onion if using and add to pan along with cabbage which has been cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Begin sauteing the above.
- Open the cans of corned beef and"chunk" the meat, either with a fork or your fingers and add to the pan of cabbage and onion.
- Continue cooking until the cabbage and onion are soft and the meat is heated through.
- Season very well with salt and pepper (to your taste).
- Serve hot.