Recipe by HokiesMom
Found on the Yummly blog. NO YEAST! Yeah now that it my type of cinnamon bun! I also love that it makes a small amount - 4 buns - so no worries of having these goodies lying around too long but also easy to double to serve more guests.
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Into a large bowl sift together flour, remaining tablespoon granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into small pieces and with your fingertips or a pastry blender blend into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In another small bowl whisk together egg and 3 tablespoons milk and add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly floured surface and gently knead, 3 or 4 times, until it forms a dough. Pat dough into a 10- by 6-inch rectangle (about ‚ inch thick).
- Brush dough with some remaining milk and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar. Beginning with a short side, roll up rectangle to form a 6-inch log and cut crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Arrange pieces on a baking sheet, cut sides up, with seams touching. Bake buns in middle of oven until pale golden and cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- In another small bowl stir together confectioners' sugar and water until smooth and drizzle over warm buns.