Recipe by HokiesMom
Outside of coffee and chocolate, I'd have to say my other power pair of flavors is chocolate and coconut! This is a quick and easy way to achieve that in a bar recipe. I prefer chopped almonds instead of walnuts in this recipe - just gives more of a Almond Joy type of feel to it. Feel free to use what style of nut you prefer.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and one egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Press firmly into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- In another bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, the remaining egg and vanilla.
- Stir into the milk mixture the chocolate chips, 1 cup of the coconut and nuts.
- Spread this mixture over the batter already in the baking pan.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 cup coconut - sprinkling evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars.