Shortcut Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Heat oil for about 2 minutes over a high heat.
- Add chicken, set lid slightly off, and brown well on all sides, 8- 10 minutes turning as needed Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and thyme, stirring to coat with the drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to cook, covered for about 10 minutes Add broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a light boil, and cook 20 minutes.
- Add turnips, potatoes, and collards; and cook until vegies are tender and chicken is well done.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add as desired.
- Discard bay leaves.