Recipe by GingerlyJ
I can remember my Gramma taking hours to make her Chicken and dumplings.. with this shortcut you can get that soothing taste without the time or effort
Top Review by nicolejfranklin_11927399
Absolutely wonderful, I added a few of my own extra seasoning (garlic, onion, parsley, rosemary.), a little half and half, and about a teaspoon of butter. My husband ate the whole pot!
- 2 (1814.36 g) can chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 290.58 g can cream of chicken soup
- 290.58 g can cream of celery soup
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 591.47 ml shredded cooked chicken
- 340.19 g can buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Chicken I use Rotesserie chicken from the grocery store deli.
- in a dutch oven Combine broth, water, creams soups abs pepper.
- bring to a boil stirring often.
- add chicken.
- spilt each biscuit in half, horizonitally.
- cut each piece in half.
- drop biscuit pieces into boiling mixture 1 at a time.
- cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.