Recipe by Recipe Reader
This is quick and easy using Bisquick and a rotisserie chicken. There's no veggies here, but feel free to add what you like. Also we individually season our portions, according to what we'd like. Try a ground pepper blend, or smoked paprika, or dry chipotle seasoning, or a lemon herb blend.
Top Review by Kellie in SLO
For something so simple this was really yummy. My son is on a bland diet and this fit the bill on what he can have, and I have to say it was anything but bland. I did add a tsp of poultry seasoning at my sons request while it was simmering just before the adding the dumplings. My son really liked it and was very diligent about making sure the leftovers were put away. We for sure will be making this again experimenting with some veggies.
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 chicken, cooked (I use a store bought rotisserie)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove chicken meat and cut into small pieces or shred.
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth to boiling and add the chicken meat.
- Meanwhile mix the Bisquick with the milk (the dough will be wet and sticky).
- Add large spoonfuls of dough to the boiling soup. I usually make about nine dumplings and keep them on the surface of the soup and along perimeter of the pot. If they are in the middle, they don't seem to cook properly.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, turning heat to low after a couple minutes.
- Cook covered another 10 minutes on low.