Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick and easy using Bisquick and a rotisserie chicken. There's no veggies here, but feel free to add what you like. Also we individually season our portions, according to what we'd like. Try a ground pepper blend, or smoked paprika, or dry chipotle seasoning, or a lemon herb blend.
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 chicken, cooked (I use a store bought rotisserie)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Remove chicken meat and cut into small pieces or shred.
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth to boiling and add the chicken meat.
- Meanwhile mix the Bisquick with the milk (the dough will be wet and sticky).
- Add large spoonfuls of dough to the boiling soup. I usually make about nine dumplings and keep them on the surface of the soup and along perimeter of the pot. If they are in the middle, they don't seem to cook properly.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, turning heat to low after a couple minutes.
- Cook covered another 10 minutes on low.
For something so simple this was really yummy. My son is on a bland diet and this fit the bill on what he can have, and I have to say it was anything but bland. I did add a tsp of poultry seasoning at my sons request while it was simmering just before the adding the dumplings. My son really liked it and was very diligent about making sure the leftovers were put away. We for sure will be making this again experimenting with some veggies.
I liked this for ease. I also liked that even though I messed up some with the spoon drops (I stirred a few in) they were good and really thickened the soup broth. The flavor of the dumplings were good. I could see adding some herbs to them to add different flavors for different soups.The versatility is out there. I may make a few extra and store for chili night this week. Just a note: Do NOT do what I did... I do need to practice dropping spoonfuls in and not watching them go down and kerplunk. My DH just shook his head and asked if I really neede dto get my nose splashed. LOL For my twin daughter in PAC 2007, this is a keeper. Thank you for a nice first PAC2007 meal.
My whole family loved this. We made this with Bisquick Clone, and with Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC. This was so quick, and so easy. I didn't have enough chicken broth, so I used cream of chicken soup, and used about 4 cans of water to thin it out. It turned out fine for us. How wonderful to find a recipe that all three of my children will eat, and even ask for seconds of! Thanks Recipe Reader!