1/3 Photos of Shortcut Chicken and Dumplings
Recipe Reader's Note:
This is quick and easy using Bisquick and a rotisserie chicken. There's no veggies here, but feel free to add what you like. Also we individually season our portions, according to what we'd like. Try a ground pepper blend, or smoked paprika, or dry chipotle seasoning, or a lemon herb blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove chicken meat and cut into small pieces or shred.
- 2In a large pot, heat the chicken broth to boiling and add the chicken meat.
- 3Meanwhile mix the Bisquick with the milk (the dough will be wet and sticky).
- 4Add large spoonfuls of dough to the boiling soup. I usually make about nine dumplings and keep them on the surface of the soup and along perimeter of the pot. If they are in the middle, they don't seem to cook properly.
- 5Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, turning heat to low after a couple minutes.
- 6Cook covered another 10 minutes on low.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortcut Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.5
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 179.4 mg
- Sodium 2282.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 57.4 g