1/1 Photo of Shortcut Caesar Salad
The Runner-Up recipe for 2005 in the San Francisco Chronicle, from Janet Fletcher. Fish sauce replaces the anchovies from the traditional version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the croutons, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brush the baguette slices with olive oil on both sides, then cut each slice in half to make half-rounds. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Put the mayonnaise in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil, lemon juice, fish sauce and garlic.
- 4Add several grinds of pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 5Toss the romaine with enough of the dressing to coat the leaves nicely.
- 6Add the Parmesan and croûtons and toss again.
- 7Serve immediately on chilled plates.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortcut Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1742.2
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 3126.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 298.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 66.2 g