Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very yummy Campbell’s soup recipe that I have been making for years.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed tomato soup, Campbell
- 10 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 ounces lima beans, frozen
- 10 ounces corn, frozen
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- In 3 quart saucepan over low heat cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towwls to drain, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Over medium heat, in hot drippings cook onion until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soup, water, Worcestershire and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add lima beans and corn. Return to boiling. Stir to separate vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken and reserved bacon; heat through.
Yum! I love Campbell's tomato soup and this is fantastic with the additions. I used turkey bacon and followed the recipe as posted. So easy and very warming. Thanks for sharing Deb. Made for Everyday is a Holiday January 2011.
Extremely festive, and so comforting, you need this, especially during the hectic Holiday season. I made my own tomato soup, and added all ingredients accordingly. I threw a couple of chopped tomatoes in and let them cook right along with the soup. Added some corn, chopped bacon to the top along with chives. Perfection! all in a bowl. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* December 2009
Wonderful - tasty and comforting! I don't care for onions so left them out, and I don't care for limas so used green peas. Fantastic way to dress up plain tomato soup - even that small amount of bacon adds a nice smokey flavor to the dish. Loved it - thanks for posting!