1 hr 5 mins
Scrumptious and simple to make with a few ingredients out of the pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) cans roast beef or 2 (13 ounce) cans chunk canned chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (optional)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Put the two cans of roast beef into a medium bowl, gravy and all.
- 2Add the chilies, salsa, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- 3Break the chunks of roast beef up (shred them) with a fork as you mix the ingredients together.
- 4Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in a 9x13 baking pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- 5Place about 2 T of the mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- 6Place each enchilada seam side down in the pan. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas in the pan.
- 7Top with the remaining two cups of shredded cheese.
- 8Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and top with black olives and chopped green onions, if desired. Bake an additional five minutes.
- 10Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortcut Beef or Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.6
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 1170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 49.7 g