Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Scrumptious and simple to make with a few ingredients out of the pantry.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans roast beef or 2 (13 ounce) canschunk canned chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies (optional)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Put the two cans of roast beef into a medium bowl, gravy and all.
- Add the chilies, salsa, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Break the chunks of roast beef up (shred them) with a fork as you mix the ingredients together.
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in a 9x13 baking pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place about 2 T of the mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place each enchilada seam side down in the pan. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas in the pan.
- Top with the remaining two cups of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with black olives and chopped green onions, if desired. Bake an additional five minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.