- 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine or 1⁄2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bagfrozen asian dumplings (I like the veggie and thai shrimp gyoza from trader joes)
- 1 egg (optional)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot saute garlic and ginger in oil for a minute or two. Add broth, soy sauce, sugar and rice wine, Bring to a boil. Add dumplings and boil 5 more minuted over medium-low.
- If using egg, beat with fork till frothy. Slowly pour into boiling soup in a thin stream, creating cooked ribbons of egg.
- Remove from heat and garnish with scallions and pepper.