Recipe by MelinOhio
I love sweet warm bisquits topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Top Review by jmforest
My daughter and I made these today to eat with fresh strawberries. I loved the texture! The biscuits turned out light and tender on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside, and just sweet enough that they tasted like biscuits and not cake. The ultimate compliment - they are all gone already.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until it resembles course crumbs.
- Mix in 1 beaton egg and milk, add all at once to dry mix.
- Stir just until moist.
- Knead gently on floured surface for 1/2 minute.
- Pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 6 bisquits with floured 2 1/2 inch cutter.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Split and butter bottoms, fill and tip with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Serve warm.