Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love sweet warm bisquits topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until it resembles course crumbs.
- Mix in 1 beaton egg and milk, add all at once to dry mix.
- Stir just until moist.
- Knead gently on floured surface for 1/2 minute.
- Pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 6 bisquits with floured 2 1/2 inch cutter.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Split and butter bottoms, fill and tip with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Serve warm.
My daughter and I made these today to eat with fresh strawberries. I loved the texture! The biscuits turned out light and tender on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside, and just sweet enough that they tasted like biscuits and not cake. The ultimate compliment - they are all gone already.
Very good, perfect for a mound of fresh picked strawberries. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
These bisquits are amazing. I have made them two times in the last week. There are great for strawberry shortcake, but we also had them for breakfast this weekend hot out of the oven with butter and jam. They are buttery and the texture it very light and tender. Simply delicious!!