Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from the wife of a co-worker. It's a very simple cake, buttery & not too sweet -- perfect with seasonal fruit & whipped topping or ice cream.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; grease a 9x9 dish & set aside.
- In a large bowl, cut flour, sugar & butter together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- To the remaining butter mixture, add the rest of the ingredients & mix well.
- Pour into prepared dish & sprinkle topping over.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note #1: The edges of the cake may turn a light golden brown while baking, but the topping should not brown.
- Note #2: Double the ingredients to make a larger (9x13) cake.
Great texture, but really salty. I would probably halve the salt. Other than that it was quite nice, though.
This recipe made great muffins! I would half the salt though, it almost ruined it! I topped the muffins with chocolate gravy!
This was DELICIOUS! So easy to make, yet so satisfying! I served with fresh strawberries and a little maple syrup. Very more-ish, it didn't last long here!