I got this recipe from the wife of a co-worker. It's a very simple cake, buttery & not too sweet -- perfect with seasonal fruit & whipped topping or ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; grease a 9x9 dish & set aside.
- In a large bowl, cut flour, sugar & butter together until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- To the remaining butter mixture, add the rest of the ingredients & mix well.
- Pour into prepared dish & sprinkle topping over.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note #1: The edges of the cake may turn a light golden brown while baking, but the topping should not brown.
- Note #2: Double the ingredients to make a larger (9x13) cake.