Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
Terrific for your Christmas cookie trays. The recipe comes from Southern Living.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almond, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup almonds, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Cover dough, and chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup almonds. Place about 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets; gently press an indentation into center of each cookie with thumb.
- Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until set; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Chocolate Filling: Combine chocolate morsels and cream in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth. Cool 20 minutes, and stir well; cool 8 more minutes.
- Spoon or pipe about 1/2 teaspoon Chocolate Filling into indentation of each cooled cookie.