- 36 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling (or dip in chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, both sugars and allspice. (Use the paddle attachment.)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time.
- Form the dough into balls 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Gently place 1 to 3 balls on a skewer. Press to be sure the balls are securely fixed to the skewer.
- Bake in preheated oven until light gold, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.