Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really easy and fun cookie recipe; it is guaranteed to stand out at at your next cookie exchange! From Chef Andy Broder.
- 36 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling (or dip in chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, both sugars and allspice. (Use the paddle attachment.)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time.
- Form the dough into balls 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Gently place 1 to 3 balls on a skewer. Press to be sure the balls are securely fixed to the skewer.
- Bake in preheated oven until light gold, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
I love the snowman idea!!!! I cant wait to make them. It will be a hit at my daughters play goup.Thanks!
Thanks for the neat idea! I put 3 on a stick and when I pulled them out of the oven I rolled them in icing sugar and then dabbed 2 eyes and a mouth on the top ball with melted chocolate and put "buttons" down the other 2 balls to make Snowmen on a stick! My kids loved these...I'm giving them as gifts now!