Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very rich shortbread cookie that absolutely melts in your mouth! Given to me by my mom.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream butter.
- Add icing sugar & cornstarch & beat on high until fluffy.
- Add vanilla & pinch of salt.
- Add flour and beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Dough will be very soft and sticky. Flatten with palm of your hand, lightly floured.
- Decorate with red sprinkles.
- Bake at 300 F for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies. Freezes well.
I loved these cookies!! They really melted in my mouth. My DH didn't like them as much, but others in my family thought they were good. They really are very light and fluffy. I used a mini ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies, and didn't flatten them. They melted down just right in the oven. Thank you for a great recipe!