Recipe by Lindy-lou
A very rich shortbread cookie that absolutely melts in your mouth! Given to me by my mom.
Top Review by Shrinbrin
Definitely does not make 5 dozen cookies! I used a little cookie scoop and got 18 cookies. Also baking time should be increased -- 10 minutes leaves the cookies raw in the middle. I would boost the temperature to 325 - common for most shortbread recipes - and then bake for 10-12 minutes. I am popping mine back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter.
- Add icing sugar & cornstarch & beat on high until fluffy.
- Add vanilla & pinch of salt.
- Add flour and beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Dough will be very soft and sticky. Flatten with palm of your hand, lightly floured.
- Decorate with red sprinkles.
- Bake at 300 F for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies. Freezes well.