Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Chef Emeril Lagasse, 2002 - Posted here in request of gypsygal.
Make and share this Shortbread Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and blend to make a paste.
- Add the yolk and blend thoroughly. Add the flour and using your fingers, blend to make a crumbly dough, being careful not to overwork.
- Pat firmly into a 9-inch pie pan and let rest in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and prick the bottom of the crust with the tines of a fork. Place a sheet of parchment or foil in the pie tin and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake the crust in a pre-heated 400ºF. oven for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights and foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until light golden brown.