Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a fancy version of lemon squares - perfect for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3/4 cup butter, cold
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar and lemon and orange peel.
- 2Cut in butter until crumbly; process until mixture forms a ball.
- 3Pat into a greased 13X9 baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- 5Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients; mix well.
- 6Pour over hot crust.
- 7Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- 8Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- 9Spread over filling.
- 10Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
- 12Refrigerate overnight.
- 13Cut into bars just before serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g