Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
This is a simple easy cookie. I have made this with different jams. From LOL.COM. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 cup land o lakes butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces strawberry all-fruit spread or 10 ounces raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into 8-inch log on lightly floured surface. Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 logs onto large ungreased cookie sheet. Pat each log into 2-inch wide strip. Press 1-inch wide indentation lengthwise down the center of each strip using back of spoon. Bake for 16 to 19 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons fruit spread into indentation of each log; sprinkle with sliced almonds. Immediately cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with remaining dough, jam and almonds.
- •Recipe Tip: Since each log is rolled individually, you can freeze some and use later. Thaw dough 30 to 45 minutes before baking.