Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my mothers recipe that she got when she took a holiday cooking class. I gave these as gifts for Christmas and also valentines day, they are very well received. You can use any shaped cookie cutter to make for different occasions.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb butter, Melted
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, Melted
- Sift dry ingredients together. add melter butter.
- Kneed slightly and roll on a lightly floured surface.
- cup dough with a cutter.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until set, shortbread should not brown.
- remove from cookie sheets and allow to cool completely.
- Dab one hart with respberry jam, then sandwich with another heart.
- Dip one half into melted chocolate or drizzle over the top. chill.