Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nestle Toll House $1000 winner
Make and share this Shortbread Fudge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (12-ounce package)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- sweetened whipped cream (optional) or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Beat 1 cup softened butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.Stir together 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
- Press dough into an ungreased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Microwave chocolate morsels and 3/4 cup butter in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla, remaining 1 cup granulated sugar, and remaining 1/2 cup flour until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes or until set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars. Transfer bars to wax paper; dust with powdered sugar. Store bars in an airtight container. If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
This was very easy to make and the results were super rich and deliciously dense. A tiiiiiny bit too sweet for my tastes, but I think it's just me because my entire family wolfed them down--there was much appreciative lip-smacking! The only thing I did differently was to press the pecans into the shortbread dough instead of mixing them in--but that was because I forgot them at first.