1/2 Photos of Shortbread Crust for Custard Tart
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Fancy tarts always have a delicious buttery cookie-like crust. Here's a basic shortbread crust to fill with your favorite custard or pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with electric mixer (about 3 minutes).
- 2Add extract; mix thoroughly (1 minute).
- 3Incorporate flour little at a time; mixing until thoroughly combined.
- 4Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- 5Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and roll out to 1/3" thickness.
- 6Line a tart pan (10" x 1" high with removable bottom) with the pastry dough.
- 7Prick dough and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- 8Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven; cool and fill with pastry cream top with fresh fruit (kiwi, banana, strawberry, green seedless grapes, blueberries).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Crust for Custard Tart
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g