Recipe by Dee Coonhound
A great shortbread crust for a cheesecake, which the serving size is based on. Prep time includes time to chill.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F and generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the outside with aluminum foil, covering the bottom and extending all the way up the sides.
- Mix the flour and cornstarch together. In a medium sized bowl, beat the butter and sugar together on high until creamy. Add the egg yolks and extract, and beat until blended. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour mixture together and a dough forms. Now, work the dough with your hands until it comes together in a ball. Chill for 30 minutes. ( it makes it easier to work with.).
- Flour your hands, place the dough in the center of the pan. Begin pressing from the center outward toward the edges, working in a circular motion around the pan and up the sides. Prick the crust in several places with a fork.
- Bake the crust just until it is set and golden (do not over bake), about 15 minutes. Leave the crust in the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.