This is my mom's tried and true shortbread recipe. She got it from my grandmother. We make these every Christmas, and look forward to them every year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- 2Cream butter, add sugar slowly, mixing well.
- 3Mix in egg and lemon zest.
- 4Add flour/baking powder mixture, mix in well.
- 5Shape into balls about the size of a golf ball, place on pan, flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- 6Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes, just until a bit golden on the edges.
- 7These last well if kept in a tightly covered container, and actually taste even better after a day or two as the flavors develop.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 32.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: