1/11 Photos of Shortbread Cookies
This recipe came from a 1960's calendar my mom has. She would make these every Christmas for me. Now I make them every year. They melt in your mouth. Not sure on the exact yield, it depends on what size cookie cutters you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter & add sugar gradually.
- 2Mix in almond flavoring.
- 3Cream thoroughly.
- 4Add flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Divide dough into several portions.
- 7Flatten one portion at a time on lightly floured surface with hands.
- 8Roll out smooth with lightly floured rolling pin.
- 9Cut into desired shapes & place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 10Bake at 325°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown around edges.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g