Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a 1960's calendar my mom has. She would make these every Christmas for me. Now I make them every year. They melt in your mouth. Not sure on the exact yield, it depends on what size cookie cutters you use.
- Cream butter & add sugar gradually.
- Mix in almond flavoring.
- Cream thoroughly.
- Add flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- Mix well.
- Divide dough into several portions.
- Flatten one portion at a time on lightly floured surface with hands.
- Roll out smooth with lightly floured rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes & place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown around edges.
This was my first time making shortbread cookies, and they turned out so good! So easy too! Thanks!
These taste fantastic. Just like my Mum's. (; I baked at 350 for about 25 minutes. And I skipped the almond essence because Mum never used it. But this is great basic recipe.
Perfectly buttery with the right amount of sweetness