Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe given to me by a co-workers mom. These melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- Cream together butter and margarine.
- Add sugar and salt, continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add cornstarch and beat well again.
- Add rice flour and beat well.
- Add regular flour and beat again. Continue to beat for a few minutes. Should be very fluffy.
- Spread into a lightly greased a 10 X15 cookie sheet with sides(jelly roll pan).
- Take a fork dipped in water and prick all over the top. You will want to do this again after about 30 minutes. This will keep it from puffing up and getting air bubbles.
- Bake at 250 oven for 70 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave it in oven while it cools.
- When just slightly warm cut into squares or triangles.
- NOTE: You must use superfine sugar. Be sure to beat it well between ingredients, that is very important to make it light and fluffy.
You made my husband very happy!! I had some rice flour that needed to be used. I searched around for something different and came upon your recipe. The hubbs loves shortbread so I thought I'd give it a try. This recipe works for a variety of reasons. 1) It is well written and easy to follow.2) The lower oven temp is great as it's a bit warm now in N.C..3) Easy and delicious- what more can you want? Thanks..this is a keeper!