Recipe by Jostlori
Use your favorite jam in these crumbly, nutty-flavored treats. From Bon Appetit, Sept 2011
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter, room temp
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 large egg yolk, room temp
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam (or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add butter; using your fingertips, rub in butter until coarse meal forms.
- Whisk egg and yolk in a small bowl; add to flour mixture; stir just to blend.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure dough by 2 tbsp and roll into balls; place on prepared sheets 2 inches apart.
- Make an indentation in center of each ball; fill with 1/2 tsp jam.
- Bake cookies until golden, 12-14 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.