Use your favorite jam in these crumbly, nutty-flavored treats. From Bon Appetit, Sept 2011
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- 3Add butter; using your fingertips, rub in butter until coarse meal forms.
- 4Whisk egg and yolk in a small bowl; add to flour mixture; stir just to blend.
- 5Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 6Measure dough by 2 tbsp and roll into balls; place on prepared sheets 2 inches apart.
- 7Make an indentation in center of each ball; fill with 1/2 tsp jam.
- 8Bake cookies until golden, 12-14 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g