Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use your favorite jam in these crumbly, nutty-flavored treats. From Bon Appetit, Sept 2011
Make and share this Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add butter; using your fingertips, rub in butter until coarse meal forms.
- Whisk egg and yolk in a small bowl; add to flour mixture; stir just to blend.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure dough by 2 tbsp and roll into balls; place on prepared sheets 2 inches apart.
- Make an indentation in center of each ball; fill with 1/2 tsp jam.
- Bake cookies until golden, 12-14 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.