Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
By chef Anna Olsen.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch or 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Beat butter until light and fluffy. Sift in icing sugar and beat again until fluffy, scraping down sides of the bowl often. Sift in cornstarch or rice flour and blend inches Sift in all purpose flour and salt and mix until dough comes together (it will be soft). Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon large teaspoonfuls of cookie dough (or use a small ice cream scoop) onto an un-greased cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until bottoms brown lightly. Remove from cookie sheet to cool.