These are great little biscuits. These biscuits will hold their shapes as they cook. Everyone can enjoy them -not just those of us who are on gluten free diets. They store well in an airtight container or you can freeze half for later. They make a nice gift if you use a variety of shapes to cut the biscuits and wrap them in cellophane with ribbons. Smaller shapes are easier to handle. I use Orgran flours and CSR Pure Icing Sugar (not an icing sugar mixture)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan and then remove from the heat.
- 2Sift all remaining ingredients into the melted butter. Mix well.
- 3Knead the dough on greaseproof paper for one minute or until the dough is well combined.
- 4Add a littlemore self-raising flour if the dough is too wet or sticky. If the mixture is too crumbly add a small amount of additional melted butter. The mixture is soft but should roll out easily.
- 5Roll out to 1cm thickness- roll between greaseproof or baking paper. This will stop the mixture from sticking to the rolling pin. Cut with cookie cutters. I use small shapes as they are easier to handle.
- 6Carefully lift each biscuit (I use an egg flipper) onto lined baking trays.
- 7Bake at 150°C for 15-20 minutes. The biscuits will have changed colour slightly to a golden colour -but if they are browned then they are overdone. Cool on trays and the biscuits will set as they cool.
- 8Variation:- You can dip 1/2 of each biscuit in melted chocolate for wariety or add a small amount of cocoa powder to the mix to make them chocolate biscuits.
- 9Variation for christmas:- You can also make a variety of star shapes and sizes, then stack them to make a christmas tree and sprinkle with icing sugar. They make a great place setting on your christmas table, just add a nametag card leaning against each stack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Biscuits - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 47.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour