This recipe is for the well-loved shortbread biscuit yum yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with salt, then cream the butter and caster sugar together until pale and creamy. With the motor running, gradually add the egg; if the mixture looks like it's curdling then add a tbsp of sifted flour.
- 2Put the mixer on it's lowest setting and add the flour gradually. Stop mixing as the mixture comes together.
- 3Roll out onto a floured surface; about 5mm thick. Cut out biscuits using the metal cutter ring. Now bake for about 20-30 minutes until lightly brown in colour.
- 4Let the biscuits cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shortbread Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 303.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g