Recipe by Chef MB
Haven't tried this yet, but I think it would be interesting to experiment with different cake mix flavors. Not sure where this one came from.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, beat egg white with vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In large bowl, with same beaters, mix cake mix, butter and cream cheese until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press dough into jelly roll pan.
- Spread with egg white mixture and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.