Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great crust for Cheesecake!!!! Or Chocolate Moose! Check out my Creamy cheesecake. Could be all ground in food processor then mix with butter. A good topping for yogurt, ice cream, moose just sprinkle mixture on top for extra crunch!
- 2 cups finely ground shortbread cookies
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Place crumbs and almonds into bowl and mix with melted butter.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Press into bottom and side of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes before filling.
Flavor was luscious and a delightful change from graham cracker crusts. I loved the taste and crunch of the almonds. I put crust in bottom only of 9-inch springform pan (instead of 8-inch). I did bake ie 350 deg. for 10 minutes before filling, as the filling was a no-bake one. ***** all the way! Thanks for sharing, Rita.