Recipe by ~heidi~
From "The Gourmet Cookbook" -- easiest and most delicious cookie I've ever made. I use a food processor to make this.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great shortbread! So quick and easy to make, I had it mixed up and pressed in the pan in 10 minutes! Nice light flavor, may dip some in melted chocolate for DH...Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook Tag.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 59.14 ml superfine sugar (can also grind down regular sugar in a food processor until fine)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Blend together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a food processor (or bowl) until well combined. Sift flour over butter mixture and blend until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough to an ungreased baking sheet. With floured fingertips, pat into a 9-by-4 1/2 inch rectangle. Crimp edges decoratively with tines of fork and prick dough all over. Score dough crosswise with the back of a knife into 8 pieces.
- Bake shortbread until edges are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet on a rack for 10 minutes, then cut into slices (while still warm) with a sharp knife. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Keeps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.