Recipe by laurenote
This recipe was made by my sister Patti for a moving day we celebrated with Jill in Milwaukee. These are melt-in-your-mouth good. She got it off the corn starch box.
Top Review by TracyDeer
These are wonderful. My daughter sent a tray of cookies to a vendor and got a note back that the shortbread was the best. At Halloween we used food coloring (orange and yellow) and made little candy corn cookies. For Christmas we made candy canes (twisted red colored and the white dough) and cut out bells. Nice change from all the very sweet sweets on a Christmas tray. Thanks Patti for reading the corn starch box!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 300.
- With an electric mixer (a must), cream together butter, brown sugar & vanilla.
- Add flour and corn starch. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour granulated sugar in a small bowl. Butter the bottom of a small glass and dip in sugar. Roll cookies into ball, a tablespoon per cookie. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- * Important. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet or they will crumble.