3 hrs 10 mins
By Ree Drummond - The only way I can describe short ribs is that they’re a little like pot roast on a stick–only the best, most succulent and amazing pot roast you’ve ever tasted in your life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 beef short ribs with bones
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 32 fluid ounces beef broth or 32 fluid ounces beef stock
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons capers (more If You Want!)
- 16 ounces oyster mushrooms or 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, Etc
- olive oil, For Drizzling
- rosemary sprig, To Be Fancy
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over high heat. Sprinkle short ribs on both sides with salt and pepper. Quickly sear both sides of the short ribs, using tongs to flip them halfway through. (Just sear about 1 1/2 minutes per side.) Remove the shortribs to a plate.
- 2Pour wine and beef broth into the pot. Add rosemary. Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pot to deglaze. Return the shortribs to the pot, reduce heat to low, then cover the pot and simmer it for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (You can also put the pot into a 300 degree oven if you'd prefer not to simmer on the stovetop.).
- 3After they have cooked, carefully remove the shortribs from the pot again. Stir in mustard, cream, and capers, then raise the heat and allow it to bubble up and gently boil for a good couple of minutes, or until it has thickened a bit. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Return the shortribs to the sauce, put on the lid, and turn off the heat.
- 4To roast the mushrooms, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roast the mushrooms until they're golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Serve the shortribs on top of the mushrooms, then drizzle with extra cream sauce. Add a little rosemary sprig if you want to be fancy.
- 6This is absolutely divine.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Short Ribs With Wine and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 767.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef short ribs with bones