Recipe by Chef HMan
After eating various types of short ribs I decided to create my own recipe that has both a BBQ flavor using a blend of wine and my own BBQ sauce! My wife loved it! I served this with egg noodles and broccoli
- 3 lbs beef short ribs with bones
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rough cut yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a dutch oven, heat up the olive oil and brown the short ribs add salt and pepper.
- Remove when browned and place them on a plate.
- Saute vegetables until slightly brown in the dutch oven with existing oil, add more if necessary.
- Add the wine, water, ketchup, lemon juice, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, mustard and flour and mix, then add the short ribs and mix again.
- cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Stir once every hour.