Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Simple to make sauce really makes this good.
- 4 lbs bone-in short rib of beef
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place ribs in 13x9 baking pan; add water.
- Cover and bake for 2-1/2 hours.
- Pour off water.
- In small saucepan, mix all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set in refrigerator until needed.
- When done, uncover ribs and spoon sauce over.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1/2 hour, turning often to coat with sauce.
I used a combination of boneless and bone in short ribs to total 4 lbs and the results are awesome. The only change I made was to brown the ribs after seasoning and dredging in flour before cooking for the 2 1/2 hours. No leftovers--great recipe!
Amazing short ribs! I will never use another recipe. I made these ribs for the first time today and they were tender, flavorful and perfect. Not to mention who good the whole house smelled. The whole family loved them. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
The sauce was very flavorful and the ribs were extremely tender. What more could you ask for? I was out of honey so I subbed maple syrup. Thanks so much.